MASON CITY, Iowa - The Mason City Police Department is investigating a case of shots fired. According to the department, officers responded to a report of a shooting near the 1700 block of 4th Street SE on Thursday night. The call came in at approximately 6:17 pm.
Officials say the incident involved shots being fired from at least one vehicle at another vehicle.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's office located a vehicle matching the description of the suspect vehicle a short time later. It was stopped and a firearm was recovered from it. The occupants were transported to the Mason City Police Department.
There is no ongoing threat to the public.
Mason City PD is asking anyone with information to call them at 641-421-3636.
- Shooting investigation underway in Mason City
- Stabbing investigation underway in Mason City
- Shooting investigation underway in Winnebago County
- Stabbing investigation underway in Charles City
- Investigation continues into Mason City shooting involving railroad police officer
- Mason City's 25th annual Civil War Battle and Encampment underway
- Police investigating dog attack in Mason City
- Investigation into Mason City house fire
- Residents react to Mason City shooting
- Investigation underway into reported police dog attack in Charles City