BREAKING NEWS Olmsted County with 2nd coronavirus-related death as statewide toll hits 29 Full Story
CLOSINGS: View Closings

Boy rescued from Rochester apartment fire

Officials say boy was alone when a kitchen grease fire started.

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 8:43 PM
Updated: Feb 1, 2018 8:58 PM

ROCHESTER, Minn. – A young boy was rescued from an apartment fire Thursday evening.

Rochester firefighters were called to 1701 41st Street NW after someone in the apartment complex reported seeing smoke in the hallway. The smoke was coming from a kitchen grease fire in one of the units.

Firefighters say a young boy who was sleeping in a back room had to be removed from the apartment through an upper window. The boy, who was alone in the apartment, refused medical treatment and officials say a family member came to get him.

This fire is under investigation.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
48° wxIcon
Hi: 55° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 43°
Albert Lea
Clear
48° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 45°
Austin
Clear
48° wxIcon
Hi: 55° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 45°
Charles City
Clear
50° wxIcon
Hi: 55° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 50°
Rochester
Clear
47° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 43°
Lovely weekend ahead
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Cleaning frequently touched surfaces

Image

Passing out palms

Image

Rochester Fire Department taking extra precautions

Image

Stewartville football star gives back to community

Image

Coronas Tacos Undaunted by Name

Image

FEMA suggests only buying groceries for a week

Image

Rochester Fire Department using PPE

Image

Takeout liquor is just a call away in Iowa

Image

A closer look at the CDC recommendation to wear a mask

Image

Stewartville first responder suspension

Community Events