GLIDDEN, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 6-year-old boy died after being pulled from a community pool in central Iowa.
First responders were sent to the Glidden Aquatic Center in Glidden on Saturday evening. Medics took over CPR and other emergency measures from pool personnel, and he was taken to St. Anthony Regional Hospital in Carroll. He was pronounced dead there.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Office identified him as Kadyn Sporrer. He lived in Carroll, about 8 miles (13 kilometers) from Glidden.
Authorities have not provided other details about what led to the boy's drowning.
- Boy dies after being pulled from central Iowa pool
- Boy rescued from eastern Iowa pool
- Boy drowns in large pond in central Iowa
- 8-year-old dies after being hit crossing central Iowa street
- Measles warning for central Iowa
- Iowa boy who wanted racing stickers for his casket dies
- 4-year-old boy hit on rural northwest Iowa road dies
- Affidavit: 12-year-old Iowa boy points gun at teacher, pulls trigger
- Heavy rain hits central and northwest Iowa
- Robbery suspect shot dead in central Iowa