ROCHESTER, Minn. – A 17-year-old is in custody Friday after allegedly slashing a woman’s hand.
The incident occurred just before 10:30 p.m. Thursday at the Gage East Apartments in northwest Rochester.
The complex provides housing for homeless families and youth.
Authorities said it began with a fight when the female victim went to confront the male suspect’s girlfriend.
Police said the victim attempted to keep a door open when the man grabbed a hunting knife and cut her hand.
The 17-year-old is facing a charge for first-degree assault. The suspect claimed the woman was trying to break into the apartment.
- Boy, 17, facing assault charge for allegedly slashing female in southern MN
- Austin man facing charges for allegedly slashing son's face
- Southern MN man arrested for allegedly stabbing, assaulting wife
- Boy, 17, facing felony assault charges for Phoenix Academy incident
- Brothers facing assault charges for alleged beating of man in southern MN
- Woman facing numerous charges after deadly crash in southern MN
- Man, 62, facing criminal sexual conduct charges in southern MN
- Sheriff: Wanted southern MN man arrested for allegedly stealing cables
- Rochester boy, 17, facing litany of drug charges
- Man assaults parents with flashlight, paring knife in southern MN