ALTURA, Minn.- It's the unofficial end of summer, last minute plans can be stressful but it's not impossible to plan a fun weekend on short notice.
Good news to report, we’re learning state parks and campgrounds are doing exceptionally well.
KIMT spoke to Brent Anderson who manages the day to day operations at Whitewater state park. He tells KIMT throughout the year the park has been consistently busy, with people enjoying the trails and taking a breath of fresh air as they rest and relax in the campground.
This Labor Day the park is completely booked from tents to RV's.
Anderson said there is a slight decline in the number of campers post Labor Day but adds there's never a slow seasons at the park.
“With the fall colors and sitting by the fire with a nice sweat shirt on... we'll stay quite busy,” said Anderson.
- Area State Park Campgrounds experience uptick in Revenue
- Disease outbreak linked to Goodhue County campground
- Boy nearly drowns at southern Minnesota campground
- Recent uptick in vehicle crashes have residents concerned
- Lions leaning on experience
- Nashua PD asking for public's help after campground vandalism
- 72 illnesses now linked to Goodhue County campground
- Campground now said to have 72 cases of Cryptosporidium
- Iowa Department of Revenue: Estimated firework sales lower than expected
- Minnesota State Patrol recruiting troopers, no law enforcement experience needed