ROCHESTER, Minn. – A St. Paul bomb squad was called to assist after a jar object that was flashing and beeping was found in the middle of a road.
The jar ended up being full of security tags that were flashing, and police say someone may have been shoplifting and discarded the bag.
The report came in around 9:30 p.m. along Salem Rd. between Fox Valley and Skyline Dr.
Police did evacuate the area and blocked off the road. However, due to the location’s nature it did not impact traffic.
- Bomb squad called to assist suspicious jar found on Rochester road
- Bomb Threat: Menards in Mason City evacuated, nothing suspicious found
- Man recently arrested on Rochester felony drug charges found dead in Maine; death called 'suspicious'
- Fraudulent and suspicious calls on the rise
- 'Suspicious' device removed from downtown Rochester
- Assists queen Ellie Friesen gets first state title with Cadet squad
- Southern MN trooper suffers minor injuries when squad car hit while assisting motorist
- Road buckles in Rochester
- Rochester Police: Suspicious vehicle call leads to recovery of stolen van, arrest of juvenile
- Minnesota lineman called to assist with Dorian