MASON CITY, IA - A bomb threat forces a store in Mason City to be evacuated. It happened around 2:30p.m., Sunday, at Menards.
Mason City Police Department told KIMT the store's manager had already evacuated shoppers and employees by the time officers arrived on scene. Authorities swept the building and came up empty handed, clearing the scene at 3:30p.m. At this time it is an on-going investigation. Officers told KIMT they are not releasing how the store was tipped off to the potential bomb threat.
The store re-opened for business mid-afternoon.
- Bomb Threat: Menards in Mason City evacuated, nothing suspicious found
- UPDATE: Think Bank in Rochester evacuates after bomb threat
- Bomb threat at Garner convenience store forces evacuation
- Hampton partially evacuated for suspicious item
- Police: Man accused of spending more than $4K from former employer at Mason City Menards
- 2 Mason City apartment complexes evacuated due to flooding
- Evacuations taking place in parts of SW Mason City
- 6 houses evacuated due to gas leak in Mason City
- Bomb squad called to assist suspicious jar found on Rochester road
- Not guilty plea in Rochester bomb threats