MANKATO, Minn. – The body of a man who went missing in Blue Earth County has been found.
The County Sheriff’s Office says Marvin Borkenhagen, 92, of rural Amboy, was found around 11:15 am Tuesday about a mile and a half downstream from where it is believed he fell into a drainage ditch on March 21.
The Sheriff’s Office says it appears to have been an accident but an investigation with the Ramsey County Medical Examiner is underway.
Borkenhagen lived near where he disappeared and was known to sometimes free ice and debris from a field culvert that feeds into the drainage ditch. Investigators found a tool Borkenhagen was known to use in the water near the opening of the culvert.
- Body of missing southern Minnesota man is recovered
- 92-year-old man reported missing in southern Minnesota
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash
- Minneapolis man injured in southern Minnesota collision
- Second man sentenced for southern Minnesota abduction
- Body of missing Minnesota woman found in New Orleans
- Bodies of missing fishermen found in northern Minnesota
- Texas man pleads not guilty to southern Minnesota sex abuse
- Man wanted in north Iowa, southern Minnesota taken into custody