MANKATO, Minn. – A partially decayed body was found Thursday morning in southern Minnesota.
The Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office says a hunter reported finding the body in a wooded area northeast of Highway 83 and County Road 12 around 9:38 am. Authorities say the sex and identity of the body is unknown at this time.
The Sheriff’s Office and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating this death with the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office. Authorities say there is no known threat to the public.
- Body found in southern Minnesota
- Southern Minnesota body identified as Minneapolis man
- Woman found dead in southern Minnesota
- Buried body found in western Minnesota
- Body of missing southern Minnesota man is recovered
- Minnesota BCA: Girl whose body was found in southern MN ditch died as result of homicide
- Body of missing Minnesota woman found in New Orleans
- Bodies of missing fishermen found in northern Minnesota
- Body of second Minnesota man found in Wisconsin lake
- Body found in Honolulu canal identified as Minnesota woman