MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa – Police have confirmed a body found in Marshalltown is a missing Mason City woman.
Michelle Marie Grommet, 32, was reported missing to the Marshalltown Police Department on March 22. The body of a female was found around 9 am Monday just east of the Walmart on South Center Street. Police say preliminary information indicated it was Grommet’s body but that could not be completely confirmed.
An autopsy was performed Tuesday and definitively proved the body was Grommet. The cause of death has not been determined, pending final autopsy results. Marshalltown police say there is no evidence or information which suggests Grommet’s death was due to foul play.
The Marshalltown Police Department and the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation continue to investigate. The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office and the Mason City Police Department have also assisted with this investigation.
Anyone with information concerning this incident should contact Marshalltown police at 641-754-5725. Anonymous tips may also be submitted to Marshall County Crime Stoppers by calling 641-753-1234, via text by texting the word “marshall” followed by the tip to CRIMES (274637), or online at www.marshallcountycs.com.
- Body found in Marshalltown confirmed as missing Mason City woman
- Missing Marshalltown teen found dead
- Police: Body found in Marshalltown could be missing Mason City woman
- Marshalltown residents repair properties
- Police: Woman reported missing from Marshalltown recently had been living in Mason City
- Marshalltown woman killed in police chase
- UPDATE: Body found near Mason City that of missing Arkansas police officer
- Body of missing Minnesota woman found in New Orleans
- Body of missing Waterloo woman found in cemetery
- Mason City woman wins $30,000