ALBERT LEA, Minn. - The Freeborn County Sheriff's Office responded to a boating accident on Fountain Lake on Saturday, involving a boat and jet ski.
The driver of the boat told authorities he didn't see the jet ski, and collided with it. That sent the two girls on the jet ski into the water. They were transported to Mayo Clinic Health Systems of Albert Lea, and are expected to be OK.
Nobody in the boat was injured.
Authorities say those involved are local and under the age of 18.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor. The investigation is ongoing.
- Boating accident in Freeborn County injures two
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- 1 injured after I-35 accident in Freeborn County
- One-vehicle accident in Freeborn County
- Three-vehicle accident in Freeborn County
- One injured in Freeborn County crash
- Woman injured in Freeborn County crash
- Freeborn County crash injures one person
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- Freeborn County Relay for Life