CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - It's not unusual to tell people about where you've visited and nowadays, people are encouraged to "blog" about their trips.
This week, being on your phone is encouraged as more than 100 people visit Clear Lake for their Building Community event. Bloggers and others who market communities are meeting up to find out how they can help each other out. Clear Lake is expected to bring in around $27,000 to their economy having this conference there.
“Bloggers, to me, are the way of community can communicate. At the heart of a community is communication. Well, what's today's communication look like? Well, we can put out what we think about ourselves, somebody can come in and share their experience that's real,” Maureen Seamonds, from Webster City, said.
- Blogging and boosting your community's economy
- New blog highlights minority and women-owned businesses
- Minimum wage boost in Minnesota
- Consumers feeling confident in economy
- Wartburg College boosts security following complaints
- Walmart boosts starting pay, closing dozens of Sam's Clubs
- PGI Convention brings economic boost to Mason City businesses
- President tries to boost GOP turnout with Rochester rally
- Survey shows improving economy in rural parts of 10 states
- Report: Super Bowl brought $370M to economy of Twin Cities