ROCHESTER, Minn. – A biotechnology company is moving into the Rochester Technology Campus.
Vyriad says it has signed a contract to occupy 25,000 square feet of the former IBM location in Rochester. The company says its facility will include offices, research laboratories, and a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for virus therapies developed to treat various cancers.
Vyriad says the project is being made possible by support from Mayo Clinic, Rochester Area Economic Development, and the Southeast Minnesota Capital Fund. State government and the City of Rochester have also committed $370,000 in equipment funding.
“With the custom buildout of this facility, Vyriad is taking a giant leap forward in delivering our novel oncolytic virus therapies to patients,” said Stephen Russell, MD, PhD, President and CEO of Vyriad and a physician-researcher at Mayo Clinic. “With two clinical-stage oncolytic virotherapy platforms and an expanding pre-IND pipeline, this Rochester facility will enable us to more rapidly advance our multi-pronged assault on cancer. We greatly appreciate the strong support we have received from Mayo Clinic and at the local and state levels, and we look forward to continuing to work with Mayo Clinic in our mission to deliver important new therapies to patients as well as drive local bioinnovation and economic development in Rochester and Minnesota for years to come.”
The company says this move will allow them to consolidate all their employees at one location to work more effectively together.
For more information on the Rochester Technology Campus, click here.
- Biotech company consolidating in Rochester
- My Money - What is Debt Consolidation
- MCHS Moves Forward With Consolidation Plans
- Rochester transportation companies helping out Super Bowl travel
- Freeborn County Board of Commissioners gets update on Mayo consolidation process
- A private company will run the Mayo Civic center and Experience Rochester
- Minnesota company recalls canned chicken
- Nonstop calls to towing companies
- Probation for Rochester man
- #GIVINGTUESDAY comes to Rochester