AUSTIN, Minn. – The effort to build a new Austin Community Rec Center has received a $300,000 boost.
The grant from the Otto Bremer Trust was announced Wednesday and brings the total amount raised by the project’s public fundraising campaign to $6.4 million, far more than the $5 million goal.
“The grant and generosity by the Otto Bremer Trust is truly appreciated by the entire community,” says Sandy Anderson, interim director of Vision2020. “The grant was a key piece of our fundraising efforts as we were able to achieve and exceed our public fundraising goals.”
Construction on the new rec center is expected to begin later in July.
"The YMCA of Austin and its partners have put careful thought and planning into the Austin Community Recreation Center," says Brian Lipschultz, co-CEO and trustee, Otto Bremer Trust. "The facility will become an anchor for the community and serve as a symbol of Austin's continuing progress and commitment to creating a better life for those who live there."
- Big grant for new Austin rec center
- Another big donation to Austin rec center
- Fundraising complete for Austin Rec Center project
- $3 million raised for new Austin rec center
- $500,000 donation to the Austin rec center project
- Austin community breaks ground on new rec center
- Austin Area Foundation announces grants for 2017
- Austin Area Arts gets a four-year grant
- Austin High School wind ensemble to hit the big stage
- Austin Art Center displays exhibit on black art