BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. (AP) — Police say a bicyclist has been struck and killed by a school bus in a Twin Cities suburb.
The accident happened about 6:30 a.m. Wednesday in Brooklyn Park. Authorities say an adult male was hit at an intersection and died at the scene.
The driver of the school bus is cooperating with police. Ten students were on the bus at the time, which was headed to a local charter school. No one on the bus was hurt. The students were transferred to another bus which took them to school.
The Minnesota State Patrol and Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office are assisting local police in the investigation.
- Bicyclist struck and killed by school bus in Minnesota
- Bicyclist hit and killed in southern Minnesota
- Minnesota teen killed after being struck by commuter train
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Police: Bicyclist killed in western Iowa hit-and-run
- Dodge County bicyclist hit by truck and killed
- Occupant of disabled vehicle walking for help struck, killed in Minnesota
- Minnesota 'voter clothing' law struck down by U.S. Supreme Court
- Pedestrian struck, 3 wounded by gunfire outside Minnesota State Fair
- Minnesota school bus driver accused of texting, looking up jokes