MASON CITY, Iowa – A bicyclist is taken to the hospital after being hit by a truck Wednesday morning.
It happened a little before noon near the intersection of 2nd Street and South Monroe Avenue in Mason City. Authorities say the bicyclist stopped at the intersection, looked for traffic, then headed north and was hit was a truck driver making a right hand turn.
Law enforcement says the truck driver is being cited for failure to yield at a stop sign.
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- Truck hits light pole in Mason City
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- UPDATE: Driver dies after truck hits tree in Mason City
- Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision
- UPDATE: Female bicyclist hit in Rochester
- Bicyclist hit by car in Austin
- Tanker truck overturns in Mason City
- Bicyclist volunteers needed for Med City Marathon
- Police: Bicyclist killed in western Iowa hit-and-run