MASON CITY, Iowa – “Tres Caballos” has been named “Best in Show” for the sixth annual River city Sculptures on Parade.
The work by Wisconsin artist Terry Meyer is described as a contemporary depiction of three horses and is on display at the Mason City Police Department on East State Street and Georgia Avenue.
“The Mason City program selects and displays work from very accomplished artists,” says Meyer. “I’m honored to receive this recognition.”
Meyer will receive a $2,000 cash award. The “Best in Show” competition was judged by a panel of local artists from the Art on the Plaza studio: Becky Kyhl, Peggy Cornick, and Gloria Beeman.
The purchase price of “Tres Caballos” is $25,000 and it was not entered in the People’s Choice competition.
- 'Best in Show' named for Mason City sculptures
- Next city administrator named in Mason City
- Art4Trails reveal new sculptures
- River City Sculptures on Display ends Monday
- Interim Mason City Fire Chief named
- New Mason City fire chief named
- Mason City names new fire chief
- Mason City Democrat named a House Minority Leader
- 'Little Fawn" named the People's Choice in Mason City
- Mason City named finalist for Iowa Great Place recertification