DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Sen. Bernie Sanders has hired four key Iowa staffers, building out a team of old and new staff as he makes his second bid for president.
Leading the team is Misty Rebik, who previously worked on LGBTQ rights and education advocacy for One Iowa, an LGBTQ advocacy organization. She'll serve as Sanders' state director.
Another new addition is Jess Mazour, who will serve as his political director. Mazour was most recently lead organizer on the farm and environment team at Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement, a progressive advocacy group, and was a Sanders delegate in 2016.
Sanders has also brought back Evan Burger to serve as his Iowa caucus director, and Pete D'Alessandro to serve as a senior adviser to his team. Both worked on Sanders' 2016 campaign.
- Bernie Sanders makes top Iowa hires
- Bernie Sanders launches second presidential campaign
- Wing Ding 2019: 1-on-1 with candidate Bernie Sanders
- Sanders, O'Rourke face off in Iowa
- Top of Iowa Conference champions
- Sarah Sanders to speak at Iowa governor's fundraiser
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Iowa companies pledging to hire thousands of interns and apprentices
- Iowa Legislature hires HR director for harassment complaints
- Beto O'Rourke hires Iowa caucus architect as state tactician