Rochester, Minn. – A barn fire in a tricky location Wednesday morning has caused around $30,000 in damage.
According to Rochester fire, they responded to 770 75th St. NW around 2:02 a.m. for a 30x50 barn fully engulfed. They say the barn was in a remote location with no possibility of fire apparatus getting near it.
Fire crews extended 500 feet of hose in order to try to save the property but the ire was too advanced to be extinguished.
Later Wednesday morning, crews were attempting to save a lean to off the barn so the owner has a place to store hay for the winter.
The barn, a tractor, hay bailing equipment, 400 bales of hay and horse saddles were all a complete loss.
- Overnight barn fire in Rochester causes $30,000 in damage
- Rochester Fire: Overnight blaze destroys vehicle, badly damages garage
- Rochester business sustains $50K worth of damage after overnight fire
- Overnight fire destroys garage, damages house in Rochester
- Overnight fire causes $70,000 in property damage
- Mason City woman wins $30,000
- Around $15,000 in damage from Olmsted Co. barn fire
- Overnight house fire causes significant damage in Freeborn County
- Overnight attack and robbery reported in Rochester
- Barn destroyed in Floyd County fire