ROCHESTER, Minn. - Pie lovers got anything but a sweet treat when going to Bakers Square on Sunday. They were greeted with a sign saying the chain is permanently closing its Rochester locations.
Starting December 30, the restaurant's 819 Apache Lane SW and 3539 22nd Avenue NW locations will be closed.
"After very careful consideration, we have made the tough but necessary decision to discontinue operations at these locations," a Bakers Square spokesperson said in a press release.
Though no specifics are given, the spokesperson said the decision was driven by "many business factors."
Employees at these locations are getting a parting severance package.
- Bakers Square closing its doors in Rochester
- Brick and mortar shops continue to close doors in Rochester
- Many Forest City businesses closing their doors
- Inside One Discovery Square
- Rochester Kmart to close
- Second Discovery Square complex moves forward in Rochester
- Rochester Toys 'R' Us to close doors for good on Friday
- Downtown Rochester intersection to close
- Rochester cheese plant closing down
- Mower County Family Planning Clinic is closing its doors