ROCHESTER, Minn. – A semi hit a car on Highway 52 Wednesday afternoon, sending one person to the hospital.
The collision happened around 4:30 pm in the southbound lanes south of 19th Street. The Minnesota State Patrol says a semi driven by Justin Carllee Zimmerman, 32 of Pine Island, changes lanes and struck a car driven by Marcia Joann Vonwald, 67 of Eyota.
The car went out of control and spun several times before being hit again by the semi.
Vonwald was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Zimmerman was not hurt.
The Rochester Fire Department and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene.
Images from MnDOT traffic cameras.
Images from KIMT reporter.
- One hurt in Highway 52 collision
- UPDATE: One injured in Highway 52 collision
- One hurt in crash on Highway 52
- Highway 52 Motorcycle Accident
- Fatal crash on Highway 52
- Improvements on Highway 52 Southbound
- Car fire on Highway 52
- One hurt in Byron collision
- Two-vehicle crash on Highway 52
- Probation for Highway 52 car chase