REMBRANDT, Iowa (AP) — The body of an employee killed in a barn collapse has been recovered from the wreckage in northwest Iowa.
A structural failure early Friday morning at the Rembrandt Foods facility just east of Rembrandt caused a catastrophic collapse of equipment inside the building.
Buena Vista County authorities say a search for the employee was suspended at 6 p.m. because of safety concerns for the people trying to find the worker.
The search resumed Saturday, and the worker's body was recovered around 2 p.m.
The worker's name and other details about the accident haven't been released.
- Authorities say northwest Iowa barn collapse killed employee
- Authorities ID Minnesota man who was killed in NW Iowa barn collapse
- Authorities: 10-year-old killed in northwest Iowa ATV crash
- Authorities recapture jail inmate who fled in northwest Iowa
- Authorities: Man died when tractor rolled in northwest Iowa
- Propane explosion in northwest Iowa
- Heavy snow collapses Minnesota State Fairgrounds barn roof
- MN Senate approves disaster loans for barn collapses
- Minnesota dairy farmers see unusual number of barn collapses
- Four hurt, one killed in northwest Iowa collision