ZEARING, Iowa (AP) — Authorities have arrested and charged a central Iowa man with killing his wife.
Story County court records say 70-year-old Gary Pillman is charged with second-degree murder and is being held on $500,000 bail. The records don’t list an attorney for him.
He’s accused in the slaying of 62-year-old Betty Pillman. Her body was found outside their home in Zearing on Wednesday. Authorities say she had several lacerations to her upper body. He was at the home and was taken to a hospital for treatment of arm lacerations.
The Story County Sheriff’s Office says a Zearing resident called 911 around 5 p.m. to report that a neighbor told her he’d killed his wife.
- Authorities charge central Iowa man with killing wife
- Central Minnesota man charged with killing granparents
- Arrest made in south central Iowa killing
- Two boys killed in central Iowa crash
- Authorities say Iowa man killed himself in Nebraska prison
- Iowa author visits with Central Springs Elementary students
- Authorities say 2 people injured in central Iowa fire
- Minnesota man charged in wife's overdose death
- Iowa farmer convicted in corn rake killing of his wife
- Ex-Iowa pastor, wife now charged with witness tampering