Authorities say a guard was assaulted at Anamosa State Penitentiary.
The assault occurred Sunday afternoon at the guard's post. The Iowa Corrections Department says the inmate punched the guard in the face, but other guards soon came to the aid of their colleague and subdued the prisoner.
The guard was taken to Jones Regional Medical Center in Anamosa for treatment. Department says the inmate was not injured.
The names of those involved haven't been released.
- Authorities say inmate punched Iowa prison guard in face
- Authorities say 2 Newton prison guards injured by inmate
- Authorities say 22 inmates involved in Iowa prison yard fight
- Agency suspends Iowa prison guard over positive news article
- Iowa reduces discipline for prison guard featured in article
- Security guard charged with punching girl, 11, for shoplifting
- Iowa authorities looking for escaped Mason City work-release inmate
- Authorities recapture jail inmate who fled in northwest Iowa
- Iowa prison inmate accused of starting a fire
- Authorities: Woman charged after allegedly punching Cerro Gordo Co. correctional officer in face