KNOXVILLE, Iowa (AP) — Authorities in southern Iowa's Marion County say a man trapped under a trailer has died.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says someone called 911 around 5:30 p.m. Saturday and said medical and other help was needed at a Knoxville address.
First responders tried to save the man's life, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. The sheriff's office identified him as 53-year-old Richard Shilling, who lived in Knoxville.
The office says Shilling had been working under the trailer when a jack supporting it failed and the trailer fell on him.
- Authorities say Iowa man trapped under trailer died
- Authorities say Iowa man dies after being pinned by machine
- Authorities say Cresco man died in NE Iowa snowmobile accident
- Authorities: Iowa man died after getting stuck in garbage truck
- Authorities: Iowa man died after collision with firetruck
- Authorities: Man died when tractor rolled in northwest Iowa
- Man dies after getting trapped in Minnesota grain bin
- Iowa authorities say boy died after being pinned beneath mower
- Authorities: Iowa boy, 2, died after ingesting woman's medicine
- Authorities say worker died in Iowa rock quarry accident