LIME SPRINGS, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 28-year-old man died after a snowmobiling accident in northeast Iowa.
The Howard County Sheriff's Office says the accident occurred about 1:40 a.m. Friday on a trail that runs on a side of a road about 2 miles (3 kilometers) northwest of Lime Springs. The office says in a news release that Ross Wilson was riding alone when his machine rolled over him. He was found later by other snowmobile riders.
Deputies say he was pronounced dead at the scene. He lived in Cresco.
The accident is being investigated.
- Authorities say Cresco man died in NE Iowa snowmobile accident
- Minnesota man hurt after snowmobile accident
- UPDATE: Minnesota man killed in NE Iowa farm accident
- Sheriff: Charles City man airlifted after NE Iowa motorcycle accident
- Milford man dies in snowmobile crash in northwestern Iowa
- Cresco driver cited for January auto accident
- Cresco driver in southeastern Minnesota auto accident
- Snowmobile death in NW Iowa
- Man dies in northeast Iowa farm accident
- Sheriff's Office: NE Iowa boy airlifted after UTV accident