DRAKESVILLE, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a 9-year-old boy has been killed by a hit-and-run driver in southeast Iowa.
Station KCRG reports that the vehicle struck the boy and a sibling Sunday night on a rural road west of Drakesville in Davis County. The Iowa State Patrol says the vehicle came up from behind, struck the two and then left.
The boy's sibling was flown to a Des Moines hospital. The children's names haven't been released.
No arrest has been reported.
- Authorities say Iowa boy killed by hit-and-run driver
- Police: Bicyclist killed in western Iowa hit-and-run
- Authorities: Driver becomes dizzy, hits house in Olmsted County
- Iowa authorities looking for missing 16-year-old autistic boy
- Iowa authorities say boy died after being pinned beneath mower
- Authorities: Iowa boy, 2, died after ingesting woman's medicine
- Hit-and-run driver sought in Fillmore County
- Authorities say Iowa man killed himself in Nebraska prison
- Authorities: 10-year-old killed in northwest Iowa ATV crash
- Iowa authorities ID woman killed in oxygen tank explosion