FAIRFAX, Iowa (AP) — Linn County authorities say a boy died after a lawn mower overturned, pinning him beneath.
First responders were sent around 8:20 p.m. Monday to a site about a 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) east of Fairfax. The Linn County Sheriff's Office says the boy was trapped under the mower, which had overturned when the boy was trying to mow a ditch.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene. His name and other details haven't been released.
- Iowa authorities say boy died after being pinned beneath mower
- Authorities say Iowa man dies after being pinned by machine
- Authorities: Iowa boy, 2, died after ingesting woman's medicine
- Authorities say boy fatally injured when mower overturns in NE Iowa
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Iowa authorities looking for missing 16-year-old autistic boy
- Authorities say Iowa boy killed by hit-and-run driver
- Authorities say Cresco man died in NE Iowa snowmobile accident
- Authorities: Iowa man died after getting stuck in garbage truck
- Authorities: Iowa man died after collision with firetruck