ANAMOSA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say 22 inmates were involved in a prison fight at an eastern Iowa prison.
The Iowa Corrections Department says the fighting began around 7:45 a.m. Thursday in the main yard at the Anamosa State Penitentiary in Anamosa. Several prison staffers soon responded and took control of the situation, which lasted little more than a minute.
The department says none of the staffers was injured, and no inmates reported serious injuries.
The prison has further restricted inmate movement.
- Authorities say 22 inmates involved in Iowa prison yard fight
- Authorities say inmate punched Iowa prison guard in face
- Authorities say 2 Newton prison guards injured by inmate
- Iowa authorities looking for escaped Mason City work-release inmate
- Authorities recapture jail inmate who fled in northwest Iowa
- Iowa prison inmate accused of starting a fire
- Authorities say Iowa man killed himself in Nebraska prison
- Prison staff assaulted by inmate in Coralville
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Authorities: Multiple fights involving juveniles at Olmsted Co. Fair under investigation