Olmsted County, Minn. – Olmsted County authorities helped an 89-year-old woman to safety after a fire Wednesday morning in Newhaven Township.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office responded to 8518 Mechanic St. NW after the woman, Eleanor Nichols, said her cupboard was on fire.
Deputies Jay Clemens and John Strum arrived on seen and saw smoke coming from the east side of the house. They grabbed extinguishers and saw visible flames with Nichols inside with a walker. Deputies were able to keep the fire away to get the woman out safely before fire crews assisted on scene to put out the blaze.
Authorities say the fire was caused by something going wrong with the microwave. An extent of the damage is unknown.
- Authorities rescue elderly woman after kitchen fire
- Kitchen fire in Rochester
- Small kitchen fire in Rochester
- Kitchen fire in Rochester apartment
- Elderly woman attacked in southern Minnesota
- Bystanders help rescue elderly woman after vehicle plunges into Albert Lea's Fountain Lake
- Kitchen fire leads to evacuation in Rochester
- Small kitchen fire in Austin extinguished quickly
- Pine Island home damaged after kitchen fire
- Elderly woman dead after attack in southern Minnesota