BLUE EARTH COUNTY, Minn. - The body of a missing boy suspected of drowning in Blue Earth County has been located.
Authorities said Monday afternoon that Denilson Fidel Funes De Leon's body was found at 12:18 p.m., about one mile down the river from where he was last seen.
On Saturday, deputies and first responders were dispatched for an 11-year-old boy missing at the Rapidan County Park.
“The boy was swimming in the river with other children and was believed to have been pulled into deeper water by the current,” the Blue Earth County Sheriff’s office said.
Assisting agencies include the Nicollet County Sheriff’s Office, Le Sueur County Sheriff’s Office, Brown County Sheriff’s Office, MN DNR, Rice County Sheriff’s Office, Lake Crystal Fire Department, Mankato Department of Public Safety – Fire and Mayo Clinic Ambulance Service.
"The Sheriff’s Office wishes to provide a sincere thank you to all of the responding agencies that assisted with the search," the Blue Earth County Sheriff's Office said.
- Authorities locate body of missing 11-year-old boy in southern Minnesota
- Body found in southern Minnesota
- UPDATE: Teenage girl located in southern Minnesota
- Body of missing southern Minnesota man is recovered
- Southern Minnesota body identified as Minneapolis man
- Boy nearly drowns at southern Minnesota campground
- Boys volleyball emerges in southern Minnesota
- Authorities make arrest after missing Mason City girl is located
- Search resumes for boy feared drowned in southern Minnesota
- 92-year-old man reported missing in southern Minnesota