STEWARTVILLE, Minn. - A rash of thefts have been reported in recent days in Stewartville.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said four different thefts have been reported, ranging from mail theft to items being taken from vehicles.
Here’s a timeline of the reported thefts:
6:24 a.m. Monday, 500 block of Maplebrook Dr. NE. - A bank card was taken from a purse that was left in a vehicle in the driveway. Items in the purse were scattered around the vehicle.
7:24 a.m. Monday, 200 block of 4th St. SE. - Thefts from two unlocked vehicles were reported. Around $40 in cash was missing. Grainy surveillance video showed four suspects.
5:58 p.m., 500 block of 6th St. NE. - A Mayo Clinic backpack with a stethoscope and a coffee tumble valued at $100 was taken. Four suspects were again seen on video.
600 block of 12th Ave. NE - During the overnight hours of Aug 5-6, a neighbor returned an open envelope to the residence after it had been opened. A check written to pay a bill that was inside the envelope was missing.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office is reminding residents to lock their cars and to never placed outgoing mail in the mailbox overnight.
- Authorities investigating after rash of thefts in southern MN town
- Authorities respond to crash involving school bus in southern MN
- Authorities: Around $10K worth of damage in southern MN burglary
- Authorities: Hunter found dead under tree stand in southern MN
- Southern MN authorities: Man allegedly led authorities on pursuit before stealing vehicle
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- 2nd arrest made in large-scale construction theft case in southern MN