CENTERVILLE, Iowa (AP) — State and local authorities are investigating what a deputy says is the suspicious death of a hunter in south-central Iowa.
The Appanoose County Sheriff's Office says the body of 31-year-old Curtis Ross, of Cedar Falls, was found in a remote area of the county on Saturday. He'd been reported missing earlier in the day.
Chief Deputy Sheriff Keith Glosser said Monday that after an autopsy is completed the case likely will be investigated as a homicide. Glosser declined to provide any more specifics about the case but did say that no arrest has been reported.
- Authorities investigate suspicious death of Iowa hunter
- Child's death under investigation in northeast Iowa
- Suspicious death at Ames golf course
- Authorities: Hunter found dead under tree stand in southern MN
- UPDATE: Investigation ordered into sex harassment at Iowa Finance Authority
- Authorities investigating death at Mason City Country Club
- Iowa man convicted for scamming out-of-state hunters
- May trial scheduled for Iowa man accused of killing hunter
- Hunter shot at start of Iowa squirrel season
- Iowa starting new public awareness campaign on reporting suspicious behavior