ROCHESTER, Minn. – Authorities said Tuesday a dead body found in a creek in the southern part of the city was a 39-year-old man from Minneapolis.
Authorities identified the man as Andre Degeneffe and said the case remains under investigation.
No arrests have been made and authorities said it could have been an accident or medically related. Authorities said there were no signs of a murder or a suicide.
The man was in Rochester for a medical appointment and was reported missing an hour before his body was found.
Police also said a noise complaint was taken Sunday from a hotel room where the man was staying.
The Rochester Police Department says it was called just before 12:30 p.m. Monday about a body in the 3800 block of Commercial Drive SW.
- Authorities identify man found dead along Rochester road
- Authorities identify man killed in Rochester shooting
- Authorities ID man found dead at Rochester Motel 6
- Authorities awaiting toxicology reports of man who was found dead in Rochester creek
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Dead body found in southern Rochester creek
- Authorities: Remains found in SE Minnesota identified as Steven Holm
- Mother: Missing Mower County man found dead; Authorities confirm skeletal remains found
- Authorities: Hunter found dead under tree stand in southern MN
- Authorities ID couple found dead in Iowa murder-suicide