EYOTA, Minn. – Authorities were on scene of a fire in rural Olmsted County. The fire was discovered by Olmsted County Sheriff's Office deputies on patrol.
"They observed a large plume of smoke and drove up to the scene and observed the residence engulfed in flames," explains Sergeant Kirby Long.
The Olmsted County Sheriff's Office says 50-year-old resident Richard Cassidy was asleep inside when something exploded. The resident suffered some cuts getting out of the house but did not need medical attention.
Authorities say the house is a complete loss. Some vehicles parked near the home sustained fire and smoke damage but a nearby propane tank did not catch fire.
The Eyota Fire Department, assisting the Rochester Fire Department, had to bring water to the site because there were no fire hydrants in this rural area.