MASON CITY, Iowa – A search warrant has led to several charges after a Mason City man who was found with a “large amount” of suspected methamphetamine.
Frank Alvarado was arrested after a search warrant was executed at 1314 N. Jersey Ave. in Mason City on Monday.
Authorities said Alvarado was in possession of 30 grams of meth and was found to be in possession of a loaded 9 mm handgun. As a multiple-time felon, Alvarado is prohibited from owing firearms.
He is facing charges for controlled substance, possession of a firearm as a felon and failure to affix drug tax stamp.
- Authorities arrest man in possession of 'large amount' of meth in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Authorities: Northwood man arrested after being found with 'large amount' of meth in Mason City
- Cerro Gordo Co. 'warrant cleanup' results in multiple meth arrests
- Cerro Gordo County warrant cleanup nets another meth arrest
- Man arrested in Cerro Gordo County for being domestic abuser in possession of ammo
- Not guilty plea in Cerro Gordo County meth case
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Cerro Gordo Co. man gets probation for drug arrest
- Austin man pleads guilty to forgery and drug possession in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Man charged for possessing loaded handgun after I-35 traffic stop in Cerro Gordo Co.