MASON CITY, Iowa – A search warrant has led to several charges after a Mason City man who was found with a “large amount” of suspected methamphetamine.
Frank Alvarado was arrested after a search warrant was executed at 1314 N. Jersey Ave. in Mason City on Monday.
Authorities said Alvarado was in possession of 30 grams of meth and was found to be in possession of a loaded 9 mm handgun. As a multiple-time felon, Alvarado is prohibited from owing firearms.
He is facing charges for controlled substance, possession of a firearm as a felon and failure to affix drug tax stamp.
- Authorities arrest man in possession of 'large amount' of meth in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Authorities: Northwood man arrested after being found with 'large amount' of meth in Mason City
- Man arrested in Cerro Gordo County for being domestic abuser in possession of ammo
- Not guilty plea in Cerro Gordo County meth case
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Man jailed for intent to deliver meth, marijuana, cocaine and mushrooms in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Britt man sentenced for meth possession
- Albert Lea man sentenced for meth possession
- Byron man gets probation for meth possession
- Northwood man pleads guilty to meth possession