CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A woman arrested for public intoxication is facing another charge after she allegedly punched a correctional officer in the face.
Misty Whitecotton, 40, of Clear Lake, was arrested early Thursday morning in the 300 block of Main Ave. for public intoxication.
Whitecotton was being moved to another cell when authorities say she struck a correctional officer at the Cerro Gordo County Jail in the face with a closed fist. The victim suffered a black eye, swelling and redness.
She is being held on $5,000 bond.
- Authorities: Woman charged after allegedly punching Cerro Gordo Co. correctional officer in face
- Man facing felony sexual abuse charge in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Man facing litany of charges in Cerro Gordo County
- Man facing felony forgery charge in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing felony domestic abuse charge
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing 1st-degree burglary, domestic abuse charges
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Authorities: Cerro Gordo Co. man facing felony drug charges after fleeing police
- Woman pleads not guilty to punching a Cerro Gordo county jailer
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County