ROCHESTER, Minn. - The Olmsted County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that no charges will be filed against the sister of a man killed after an outburst Monday at a court hearing.
Authorities released the following statement:
"The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office was informed this morning, 01.14.2020, that the Olmsted County Attorney’s Office has, AT THIS TIME, declined to file formal criminal charges against Desiree Boysen “as an exercise in discretion." The issuance of criminal charges may be re-visited if Desiree Boysen is involved in any further incidents during future court proceedings relating to the homicide of her brother.
"Additionally, in the interest of fairness, the 19-year-old male that was also detained during the disturbance will not face any criminal charges pending the fact that he also follows courtroom rules and is not involved in any future incidents/disturbances in Olmsted County District Court."
Emotions were high and one person was arrested at a hearing Monday for suspected murderer Robert Salley Jr.
Salley Jr. was in court after Friday’s shooting death of 24-year-old Trevor Boysen.
Authorities said many people showed up at the hearing wearing Trevor’s nametags and they were told by deputies to take them off due to it not being allowed.
Shortly after, a chaotic scene ensued with Desiree Boysen, Trevor’s sister, acting out of control, according to the sheriff’s office.
Desiree Boysen had to be restrained against a wall and allegedly went after deputies.
After being handcuffed and walked to the jail, she allegedly began screaming at police
She was facing charges of obstructing the legal process and disorderly conduct.
Boysen’s brother was given a ticket for disorderly conduct.
Robert Salley Jr., 18, has been arrested for 2nd-degree murder and for being a felon in possession of a firearm.
Officers responded to a shooting Friday in the 800 block of 21st Ave SE. and found Trevor Boysen deceased in the parking lot suffering from apparent gunshot wounds.
- Authorities: No charges against sister of Rochester murder victim after disturbance at court hearing
- Man facing charges after party disturbance
- Police: Large, naked man causes disturbance in downtown Rochester
- Supreme Court declines to hear 'Making a Murderer' case
- Hearing set on possible third trial in Rochester murder case
- Attempted murder charge dropped against Rochester man
- Attempted murder charges expected in Rochester shooting
- Rochester man charged with murder in Arizona
- Murder charge dropped in 2018 Rochester shooting
- Disturbance call in Decorah leads to felony domestic abuse charge