CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – A man was reportedly approached with a knife after being flagged down to pull over on Interstate-35.
Deputies responded to a medical call at 1:20 a.m. Tuesday at mile marker 180 after a semi driver, Steven Butts, 51, of Utah, reported that he had been assaulted by two unknown males around 20 years of age driving an older (possibly late 80's) Chevy Suburban.
The Suburban apparently flashed its lights at the semi urging him to pull over. Once pulled over, the subjects advised Butts to check the back of his semi.
Once there, one of the males approached with a knife and told him they were going to take his truck, authorities said.
“Butts defended himself before the second subject then approached Butts and hit him in the abdomen,” the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office said.
Both males returned to their vehicle and fled. Butts was checked out and signed off by the Mason City Fire Department.
Deputies were unable to locate the vehicle and anyone with information is asked to contact the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office.
- Authorities: Semi driver attacked after being flagged to pull over in Cerro Gordo County
- Semi driver attacked in rural Cerro Gordo County speaks out
- Driver injured in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County