ALBERT LEA, Minn. - A man allegedly led authorities on a pursuit that reached speeds of 95 miles per hour on snow and ice-covered roads Tuesday.
Cully Shierts, 22, of Albert Lea, is facing charges of fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle, fleeing a peace officer by means other than a motor vehicle and possession of drugs after an incident that began in Albert Lea and ended in Austin.
Police say they were called after it was believed the subjects were trying to steal a snow blower from another vehicle.
The vehicle description matched a vehicle belonging to Shierts, who had an active warrant.
After initially pulling off to the side of the road, the vehicle took off and reached speeds of 95 miles per hour on Interstate-90.
Authorities were able to use stop sticks before the vehicle pulled into a driveway at 20th St. NW in Austin.
A backpack, which police say contained syringes, a digital scale, plastic bags and marijuana, was found after a foot pursuit began. Shiert’s ID was also found in the bag. Shierts was ordered to get on the ground, complied and was arrested.
- Authorities: Albert Lea man eludes police at 95 mph on icy roads before arrest
- Authorities: Man eludes police at 120 mph in pursuit from southern MN to north Iowa
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea man arrested in Austin
- Man arrested for Albert Lea church burglary
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Art installation in Albert lea