ROCHESTER, Minn. - A man who was wanted after escaping St. Marys hospital has been taken into custody.
Authorities said Storm Mensch was arrested at 4:45 a.m. in the 800 block of 46th Ave. NW.
Police were sent to that area just after 4 a.m. for a report of a suspicious person who was ringing the doorbell of the residence in that area and took him into custody a short time later.
Authorities were searching for Mensch after he was accused of stealing a truck before swallowing meth before escaping from St. Marys hospital.
Rochester police said a truck was taken Friday from a construction business in the 6900 block of 10th Ave. SW.
Officer located an 18-year-old male and 22-year-old female passengers in the truck. Footprints from the vehicle led authorities to 20-year-old Mensch, who is believed to be the one who stole the truck.
Around 3.5 grams of meth was found in the truck and Mensch said he swallowed some other meth as well. He was transported to St. Marys after swallowing the meth but somehow escaped (authorities aren’t sure how).
- Authorities: Man who escaped Rochester hospital taken into custody
- Rochester authorities searching for wanted man who escaped from hospital
- Rochester man who escaped from hospital pleads guilty
- Rochester fugitive back in custody
- Authorities ID 39-year-old Rochester man who died in police custody
- Authorities identify man killed in Rochester shooting
- Wanted man taken into custody at Rochester grocery store
- Officers identified in Rochester police custody death
- Authorities: Warrant yields drugs as Rochester man arrested
- Man stabbed in Rochester incident 'uncooperative,' authorities said