SIBLEY, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a man died after a tractor rolled over and trapped him underneath it in northwest Iowa.
Deputies were sent to the scene after someone called 911 around 2:45 a.m. Tuesday. The Osceola County Sheriff's Office says the man had been raking hay in a ditch about 3 miles (5 kilometers) northeast of Sibley. It appears the tractor's left front wheel went into a culvert, causing it to roll.
The sheriff's office identified the man as 49-year-old Ned DeBoer, of rural Sibley.
- Authorities: Man died when tractor rolled in northwest Iowa
- Man dies after tractor rolls over him in northwest Iowa
- Man dies after tractor rollover in northeast Iowa
- Northwest Iowa sheriff's deputy dies after crash
- Driver dies after crashing tractor in western Iowa
- Authorities recapture jail inmate who fled in northwest Iowa
- Authorities: 10-year-old killed in northwest Iowa ATV crash
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- Propane explosion in northwest Iowa
- Authorities say Iowa man dies after being pinned by machine