WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – The name of a man killed in Tuesday’s tractor vs. train crash in Worth County has been released by the Iowa State Patrol.
Brian Gene Nack, 59, of Grafton, was killed during the crash.
The accident between the tractor and the Canadian Pacific train was reported around 8 a.m. Tuesday. According to Iowa State Patrol, Nack was heading southbound on Ulmus when the train collided with the tractor, with an attached sprayer taking the brunt of the hit, spinning the tractor around.
Authorities said Wednesday that the tractor failed to yield at the crossing.
The accident happened at Ulmus Ave. and 350th St. northeast of Plymouth.
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- UPDATE: 1 dead after train vs. tractor collision in Worth County
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Authorities ID SE Minnesota man killed in crash
- Update: Still no ID on child possibly hit by train in Worth County
- Authorities ID 2 people killed near Nora Springs in vehicle-train crash
- Olmsted County death officially ruled a homicide; authorities ID man killed (with press conference video)
- More details released regarding fatal tractor vs. train crash in Worth Co.
- Tractor fire in Floyd County
- Authorities say seven hurt in Byron collision