Hancock County, Iowa – The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office on Friday released details involving a fatal crash.
The Sheriff’s Office says 59-year-old Charles Pennington, of Mason City, was killed during a Nov. 25 crash.
According to the crash report, Pennington’s vehicle was traveling westbound on Highway 18, crossing the centerline several times.
A witness called the Sheriff’s Office to report this. While on the phone, the vehicle crossed the centerline and struck a vehicle driven by 73-year-old James Brooks, of Garner. Brooks’ vehicle, a 2017 Chevy Silverado, ended up in the ditch.
The vehicle driven by Pennington, a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country van, ended up on the roadway. Pennington died at the scene.
Brooks was taken by ambulance to Hancock County Health System.
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Authorities ID SE Minnesota man killed in crash
- Authorities ID Austin man killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Mason City fire officials ID woman killed in house fire
- Mason City couple sentenced for fake IDs
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- Authorities: Mason City couple found with 50-100 counterfeit licenses and IDs
- Wrong-way crash near Mason City kills Clear Lake man
- Iowa authorities ID woman killed in oxygen tank explosion