AUSTIN, Minn. - Authorities have released the name of an elderly man killed in a 2-car crash that left a man behind bars on charges of criminal vehicular homicide and DWI.
William Regner, 89, of Austin, was killed in the crash last week at County Rd. 29 and County Rd. 28.
A toxicology report is being done to Christopher Robert Stewart, 31, of Austin, who was charged after the crash.
Officers at the scene said Stewart showed signs of being under the influence of drugs and failed three field sobriety tests. After the tests, law enforcement said Stewart admitted to taking Adderall.
Stewart was then arrested and booked into the Mower County Jail on $10,000 bond. Criminal vehicular homicide is a felony while DWI and driving after revocation are misdemeanors.
- Authorities ID Austin man killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Authorities ID SE Minnesota man killed in crash
- Name released of man killed in Rochester 2-vehicle crash
- 79-year-old killed in northeast Iowa 2-vehicle crash
- 2-vehicle crash Friday afternoon in Mason City
- 4 Rochester teens injured in 2-vehicle crash
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- Iowa authorities ID woman killed in oxygen tank explosion
- Iowa man in Austin crash