AUSTIN, Minn. - Charges are pending against an Austin man suspected of drinking before the vehicle he was driving struck a bicyclist.
Authorities said Robinson Apina, 28, was attempting to make a turn at 1st Dr. NW and 8th Pl. NW when he struck a 33-year-old biker.
The victim had scratches on the forearm and bruising to the right knee. The bicyclist declined further medical attention.
Police said Apina is facing charges for criminal vehicular operation.
- Authorities: Charges pending against Austin man suspected of hitting bicyclist
- Bicyclist hit by car in Austin
- Charges pending after Winneshiek County search
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision
- UPDATE: Female bicyclist hit in Rochester
- Bicyclist hit and killed in southern Minnesota
- State Patrol: Austin bicyclist injured when hit by vehicle early Tuesday
- One guilty plea, charges pending in two more counties.
- Police: Bicyclist killed in western Iowa hit-and-run