ROCHESTER, Minn. – A boy who set up a meeting to buy marijuana had to seek medical attention after allegedly being punched in the face by the same man twice in two days.
Authorities were called to the Olmsted Medical ER around 3 p.m. Friday after a Rochester boy showed up with broken bones around his eye from being punched.
The teen said on July 11 at 8:45 p.m. he set up a meeting with a man he didn’t know on SnapChat to purchase weed at Cooke Park. The boy said a black Chrysler sedan showed up before the man got out, punched the boy in his face and stole his iPhone.
Authorities said the boy decided to use a friends phone to set up another meeting to get his phone back the next day.
During that meeting, the same man allegedly punched the boy again and stole the $60 he was planning on using to buy the phone back.
- Authorities: Boy, 16, suffers broken bones after attempting to buy weed, buy his phone back
- Rochester police: 2 women attempting to buy weed robbed by 3 women
- Man whose twin baby girls had broken bones is imprisoned
- Alford plea in boy's broken arm
- Iowans can now buy cheaper health insurance
- Fewer people are buying Minnesota fishing licenses
- Buying gifts the Saturday before Christmas
- Forest City school district buys empty lot
- Buying flowers leads to bikes for kids
- Best Buy to close Mason City store