AUSTIN, Minn.- Students at Sumner Elementary and Austin High School are getting hands on trade job experience.
The Carpenter’s Union hosted the event to show younger students a variety of career options.
They want students to know that college isn't their only option.
High schooler Bradon Tovarjohnson wants to pursue a career in which he can use his hands.
“Working with my hands feels a lot more better than working with my brain so it feels right,”
The Carpenter’s Union also has mentorship programs for students committed to pursuit of a trade career.
- Austin students learn about trade jobs
- Austin Students Promote Sobriety
- Local students learn about S.T.E.M
- Students learn why we honor veterans
- Students at Waldorf learn about mental illness
- Students learn the spirit of giving
- Students learn how maple syrup is made
- Students prepare for first big job interview
- SAW: Austin soccer
- Sunday fire in Austin