AUSTIN, Minn. – A Mower County driver caught with a stolen handgun is sentenced to 15 years of supervised probation.
Jacob Patrick Finnegan, 24 of Austin, was pulled over for an expired license plate on March 21, 2018. Police say they learned the front and rear plates of Finnegan’s vehicle were registered to different cars and that he failed several field sobriety tests.
Officers say a search of Finnegan’s vehicle then found a .40 caliber pistol that had been reported stolen, along with some methamphetamine and marijuana.
Finnegan pleaded guilty to violent felon in possession of a firearm and was sentenced Thursday. He will also have to perform 120 hours of community work service and pay a $3,000 fine.
Authorities say Finnegan has three previous drug convictions in Mower County.
- Austin man gets probation for stolen gun
- Guns reported stolen in Austin
- Austin purse thief gets probation
- Austin woman gets probation for financial exploitation
- Probation for car/train collision in Austin
- Bar assault means probation for Austin woman
- Safe stolen from Austin bar
- Probation for stolen truck in Winneshiek County
- Probation for Rochester man
- Plymouth man gets probation