AUSTIN, Minn. - An Austin man has been arrested for first-degree arson in connection to a house fire.
James Slavan is being held in the Mower County Jail for allegedly starting the residence on fire Wednesday. Slavan also lives at the residence.
The Austin Fire Department responded to the 1200 block of 3rd Ave. NW at 3:13 p.m. after a reported house fire with two occupants inside.
One of the individuals inside was able to get out on their own while police had to rescue another person from the roof with a ladder.
- Austin man arrested on 1st-degree arson charge after house fire
- Austin house fire being investigated for arson
- Charges dropped in Austin arson cases
- Man charged with 1st-degree robbery in Mason City
- Man facing 1st-degree burglary charge after overnight incident in Rochester
- Man facing 1st-degree murder charge in Kossuth Co. death
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing 1st-degree burglary, domestic abuse charges
- Once charged with attempted murder, Austin man sentenced for arson
- Man wanted on 1st-degree burglary charge out of Cerro Gordo Co. arrested in Worth County
- Man now facing attempted murder charges after Austin house fire